What is workademia.com?
Workademia.com is a publication site that uses an innovative recommendation process and open peer-review system to identify high quality publications, as well as recognize the students that create them. All publications are freely searchable. Registered users can enjoy the additional benefits of setting up a professional profile and participating in our open peer-review.
How does the publishing process work?
1. workademia.com pre-registers professors and administrators from invited schools, who can then recommend publications that they deem appropriate (see FAQ for guidance).
2. The professor/administrator completes a simple recommendation form, which then sends an email invite to the student.
3. The student uploads the recommended paper or presentation.
4. Workademia.com users then read and review the publications!
Who is workademia for?
Students: workademia.com enables students of all fields to:
- set up a professional profile,
- get credit and recognition for their academic works,
- become part of a high quality searchable resource, and
- create a truly intellectual presence online.
Professionals and web users: Every day, students from the world’s top schools apply the latest academic concepts to their own creative and innovative ideas. Workademia.com gives these ideas a platform for recognition; so please sign up and contribute feedback to our authors!
What is the quality of content on the site?
workademia.com partners directly with respected universities to ensure that we are providing an academically-focused and beneficial resource: publications must be recommended by a pre-approved professor or administrator prior to upload. Additionally, publications are subject to review by both workademia.com and by our open peer-review system.
This innovative model of professor recommendation, internal review and open peer-review ensures that the content on our site is extremely high in quality.